- Venture Capital!
FundersMart is the first US SEC and Swiss Finma compliant fundraising platform with a startup stock
trading marketplace. Unlike in the past where investors typically had to hold on to their investment
for 7 to 10 years until there is a liquidity event. Investors can now exit anytime. We collaborate
closely with angel groups and organize face to face meetings with guided due diligence and investment
processes. If you are not part of any angel investor group, we are happy to make an introduction to
one of our partners.
Society3 is introducing a major change in the way investors can exit their startup investment. Conventional
investment contracts have been structured in a way that an investor basically stood with an investment
for 7 to 10 or even more years.
Society3 is providing both, the contractual framework and the platform for investors to exit if necessary.
We know from past experience that no investor is investing in startups just to sell a few month later.
But we also know that some investors may find themselves in a situation where they have to divest for
whatever reason. Smart investors know that liquidity is the holy grail of good investment strategies.
Having no liquidity when needed prevents most investors to invest in startups today. We change that.
Exit Anytime is a model that is designed to overcome that barrier. As an investor you can sell all or
parts of your shares after a minimum hold time of 3 month in Switzerland and 12 month in the US.
In addition to the new contractual framework, we provide a market place where investors can find other
investors and buy or sell those shares. US investors however may face certain requirements i.e. reports
to be filed on a state by state base.
The current base version of Exit Anytime is free of charge.
You find more details on Exit Anytime
Part of an Angels Group?
We are providing Angel Groups some very attractive benefits:
1) A well developed fundraising platform with options to also sell your shares
2) The fundraising platform is free of charge to investors and startups
3) We provide added dealflow and a personal relationship to entrepreneurs
4) We work with angel groups as lead investors
5) We recommend our investors who work with us to join an angel group
6) A broader range of individual investor are good to augment the round
7) We bring angel groups added exposure
Please check the details for Angel Groups
As you are most likely well aware, investing in startups bare a high risk of loosing the entire investment. As such the National Investor Protection Laws protect investors to limit the possible investment a non-accredited investor can make or require to be an accredited investor. Furthermore the US SEC rules provide various investment models that may restrict an offering to be available to only accredited investors. Depending on your investor profile you may not be able to access all offerings. In any case you should always invest with the understanding that a company may not survive and close down with the consequence that you are losing all the money you invested and can't make anybody liable for the loss.
Who should join
We are looking for open minded, experienced investors, initially in Switzerland and the US, based on the permissions we have from the US SEC and Swiss FINMA. We assume you know the risks and opportunities when investing in startups. If you are not 100% sure, we are more than happy to help and provide some guidance.
It is FREE
We are more than happy to connect investors and entrepreneurs for free. However we are developing more sophisticated financing instruments which provide added value and will soon be available as premium services, like an investor syndicate model, advanced analytics and more. One other added values is our Accelerator Program where we get teams to top performance and we proved that already in the past two years.
As an investor you may prefer to invest very early on, or rather chose to invest at a later stage. We don't want to be the judge for what is a good or bad investment. And in order to make it easier to find what you are looking for we created three categories:
Growth Stage Companies
- A stellar team of 2+ complementary founders (min 20% equity each)
- Aspiration and opportunity to address a global market
- Disruptive business model, product or service
- Having an MVP that is already tested in the market
- Promising traction and market validation
- Complete go-to-market strategy
- Going after a large market
- Company is registered but less than five years in the market
Early Stage Startups
- A founders team of 2 or more or looking for a co-founder right now
- Having a well defined business idea and plan
- Having a big market opportunity for continental or global growth
- Gathered market validation within a regional market
- Having an MVP and maybe a few early adopters exploring the solution
- Developed a go-to-market strategy and ready to hit the market
- No detailed market feedback yet
- Company is registered but less than a year in the market
Idea Stage Startups
- A founders team of 2 or more or looking for a co-founder right now
- Having an idea and drafted a complete business concept
- Having an opportunity for continental or global growth
- Gathered some market validation by exploring the concept with potential customers
- Developed a go-to-market concept
- Does not have a product yet / no proof of concept
- Company may not be founded yet
Value Added Investors
Highly innovative entrepreneurs looking not only for capital but so called "smart money" or "Value Added
Investors". The Society3 VAIfinder technology provides a unique opportunity for
entrepreneurs to search for specific values from investors. Entrepreneur are interested in finding
investors who not only provide cash but also business relevant values such as specific industry expertise,
connections or specific skills and experience. The VAIfinder matches profiles from "Value Added Investors"
with search criteria from entrepreneurs. It is therefor advisable to investors to provide as much support
as possible to help those young innovators with the experience you gained and made you successful.
The current base version of the VAI finder is free of charge.
Where to start?
select "investing" as activity and provide information that helps entrepreneurs find best matching investors. You will be asked whether you are an accredited or non-accredited investor. We are offering a variety of investment models, the companies can select from and based on the current law, we want to make sure that you are not bothered with private placement that are not relevant for you.
After you registered, we will usually respond within 48 hours if you indicate that you want some guidance.
Securities offered on FundersMart are based on an exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, as outlined in the US JOBS Act. Title II and IV and an exemption from banking license requirements of the Swiss Capital Markets Supervisory Authority FINMA. The offerings are available to "Accredited Investors" in the US and Switzerland and based on some private placement programs also to "Non-Accredited Investors" in the US. Accredited Investors are natural persons who must have a net worth of over $1 million (exclusive of residence) or an income above $200,000 individually or $300,000 if married. Non-accredited investors are eligible to invest up to 10% of their annual income or net worth per year for all investments they make that year. Investing in securities involves risk, and accredited and non-accredited investors must be able to bear the loss of their entire investment. Society3 does not provide any investment advice, make any recommendations or specifically approves businesses on its marketplace. Due to the nature of the global Internet being accessible for everybody, we restrict access to investment details to authorized investors only. You need to register and get approved in order to be authorized. Authorization requirements differ based on the legal requirements in the specific countries. Society3 chooses not to be a registered broker, dealer, investment adviser, or investment manager.